Monday, February 10, 2014

Basketball Basketball Basketball

Basketball.


Indeed they is.

Everyone here loves basketball. Which is sort of a shame because I grew up resisting its existence, but the students love it so I can too I guess. ;)

I have been helping out at the games on the weekends and have had to learn the rules of the game. There was a tournament this weekend which Golovin won (woot!). I did the books and the timer for some, which was a lot of pressure for me since I am still learning what is even going on out there when they're playing. It was also slightly stressful because I had two days where I got up at 7 am and was either doing things for school or the basketball tournament until 11-11:40 pm.

This Monday made it worth it, though, because I could tell the tournament had made the students really happy.


Ice cream walk fundraiser

It is nice because the entire community comes to watch the basketball games and cheers on both teams. I love the community here. Everyone has been so kind and welcoming to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment