Thursday, January 30, 2014

Anchoring in Anchorage

We landed in Anchorage and stayed there for two nights. To me, Anchorage looks like Sheboygan with mountains. The mountains are a plus. I got there last due to my crazy flight schedule, so I didn't get to meet everyone until the morning. There are nine other interns besides me and they are all wonderful people.


The bustling metropolis known as Anchorage.

We ate at two restaurants, the Middle Way Cafe and Spenard Roadhouse. They were both very delicious and I would eat at both again. The Middle Way Cafe was one of those organic/vegan/local cafes. Spenard Roadhouse had pretty much anything you could want. I had a salmon taco and tator tots.

I can't get over how beautiful these mountains are.

Still beautiful.

Meh.

When we weren't eating we were hanging out together in the hotel lobby. We played card games and talked about pretty much everything. We all decided bonding before we were separated would be a good idea.

The sidewalk was flooded. This was fun but terrible.

After Anchorage we flew a smaller plane to Unalakleet, the first school we would see in the Bering Strait School District.

ALL THE INTERNS!

1 comment:

  1. Kirsten, thank you for keeping us updated, especially the wonderful photos. The mountain I held my breath to see was Denali (Mount McKinley). Everybody remember to preview first or it won't Publish.

    ReplyDelete